Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lovely Vintage Adornments

I've mentioned it time and time again, but the best way to be green these days is to reuse what's already been made. It makes so much sense. It's also important to support small business and individuals in an economy that's been so difficult for small businesses. That's why I prefer to support artists and small businesses doing their part to be green. In the coming weeks I will continue to share posts on some green folks I've come across, and will start with a new individual today.

I recently re-happened upon some lovely wearable decor and gifts made my green-eyed girl, a Brooklyn-based designer and fashioner of green and pretty things. Most of her items are made of repurposed or vintage materials. There are some great feminine items to adorn brides or bridemaids, or anyone looking for some sparkle or swirls. Some of her items include these lovely vintage beaded collars fashioned with bows, flowers or little things:


And for the more modern and whimsical bunch, here's a fun necklace made with vintage old-stock zippers:

And a fem ruffly flower belt made of old stock silk:


But my favorite item is this lovely refashioned silk head piece with sweet vintage millinery buds attached:

Her ideas are sweet and green. That's hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment